Leading Water Sensitive Design
Innovative water smart design and water sensitive future planning helped earn the EnviroDevelopment water accreditation. Stand out features include:
• Public spaces designed to maximise water efficiency
• Use of drought resistant plants from Perth’s coastal plain
• Extensive reuse of storm water to reticulate open spaces
• A reduced number of expansive grassed areas, with sports ovals and recreation areas being planted with hardy grass varieties to conserve water
• A “sustainability package” for homebuyers, including a 2,500-litre rainwater tank, a landscaping package with drought-tolerant plant options and low-water irrigation system, as well as a compost bin to encourage sustainable living.
Exceeding the 40% Water Saving Target
TBB congratulates Peet on Shorehaven’s UDIA Water Leaf. Peet received the EnviroDevelopment water accreditation after demonstrating Shorehaven would meet the UDIA’s target of a 40 per cent saving on standard water consumption within a residential community.
[reus id=”67″ meta=””]