30 May 2023
Transit oriented developments (TODs) aim to deliver walkable communities around transport nodes to promote sustainable urban growth.
In this report commissioned by Property Council WA, TBB has teamed up with SMEC to investigate the potential for TODs around Perth train stations.
It builds on our understanding of the principles of successful TODs – recognising that METRONET may provide long-term opportunities, but that there are more suitable options now. The report includes:
- TOD Priority Locations (where TODs could work now)
- Key Recommendations
- Principles of Successful TODs
- Best Practice Case Studies
- Planning Frameworks for TODs
- What the Industry Told Us (Engagement approach & key responses)
- An Industry Wide Call-to-Action
Despite extensive thought leadership. Perth has not progressed far down the path of delivering genuine Transit Oriented Developments, otherwise known as TODs.
Thank you to our report authors & designers as well as the wider research team:
Taylor Burrell Barnett