Lakelands is a multi award-winning Masterplanned community with 2,742 lots around the town centre, schools and significant lakes and parkland.
To create an award winning masterplanned estate that celebrates its natural environmental attributes, and where the community can prosper and people have a sense of belonging.
TBB has been the lead design firm on Lakelands Estate since its inception some 20 years ago.
Our involvement since inception led to the formulation of the Outline Development Plan, which has been refined and updated over the last two decades.
The rezoning was approved in 1997; the ODP was approved in 2000; and the first lots went on sale in 2003.
Today, Lakelands Estate promotes the benefits of Liveable Neighbourhoods design principles. The project successfully retained Black Swan Lake and Paganoni Lake, and facilitates access to Mandjoogoordap Drive and Fremantle-Mandurah Road. The estate provides intergenerational lifestyle opportunities including schools, town centre, and the award-winning Lattitude Lakelands over 55s lifestyle community.
TBB remains involved in the staged subdivision of Lakelands East, nestled between the Perth-Mandurah Railway and Mandjoogoordap Drive.
Lakelands continues to be a multi-award winning project:
- 2018 UDIA (WA) Award for Excellence – Best Masterplanned Development
- 2014 UDIA (WA) Award for Excellence – Affordable Development
- 2006 UDIA (WA) Award for Excellence – Sustainable Urban Development
- 2005 UDIA (WA) Award for Excellence – Environmental Excellence
- 2005 PIA (WA) Special Commendation – Environmental Planning and Conservation
- 2005 HIA-LandCorp Greensmart Awards – Development of the Year
- 2004 HIA-LandCorp Greensmart Finalist – Development of the Year
- 2004 HIA-LandCorp Greensmart Finalist – Design Concept